NS-100 Soft Silicone Foam
Cellular Silicone Foam
This soft silicone foam is cast from liquid silicone and is designed to provide long term sealing, cushioning and vibration isolation performance. It is a direct comparable to Rogers Bisco® HT 870 cellular material.
Most importantly, it offers UL 94 V-0 flame resistance, FDA compliance for repeated use in contact with food and has excellent low stress relaxation properties which helps protect against compression set.
In Stock with Immediate Availability
- Highly adaptable to various applications and environments
- Enhanced sealing capabilities
- Low closure force
- Flame retardant
- Excellent compressibility
- UV/Ozone resistant
- UL 94 (QMFZ2.E357733)
- 21 CFR 177.2600
- FAR 25.853
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 0.032 to 0.500
Roll lengths available (ft) – *16 – 65.6, depending on thickness
Typical roll widths (in) – *18
Surface finishing – Smooth finish, both sides
Cell structure – Open cell
Color – Grey, Black, *White, *Red
*Subject to MOQ
-67°F to +392°F (-55°C to 200°C)
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||3-6 (20-40)||ASTM D1056|
|Density||pcf (kg/m3)||22 (350) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||< 5||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||29 (200)||ASTM D412|
|Flammability||–||V-0 rating||UL 94|
Request A Quote
SILICONE FOAM GRADES
- Automotive Grade (Medium Closed Cell Foam)
- NS-100 (Soft Open Cell Foam)
- NS-120 (Medium Closed Cell Foam)
- NS-140 (Firm Closed Cell Foam)
- NS-160 (Extra Firm Closed Cell Foam)
- NS-200 (Extra Soft Open Cell Foam)
- NS-220 (Ultra Soft Open Cell Foam)
UL 94 V-0
- UL 94 V-0 is a safety and flammability standard by Underwriters Laboratories.
- This material is compliant with the UL 94 V-0 test standard for flammability.
- The vertical burn test measures the self-extinguishing time of a vertically oriented polymer specimen. The test evaluates both the burning and afterglow times and dripping of the burning test specimen.
- In order to be rated UL 94 V-0, the burning must stop within 10 seconds, no flame propagation or dripping.
21 CFR 177.2600
- 21 CFR 177.2600 is a specification from the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) used by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- This material is compliant with the requirements of 21 CFR 177.2600.
- The specification covers rubber articles intended for repeated use and may be safely used in producing, manufacturing, packing, processing, preparing, treating, packaging, transporting, or holding food, subject to the provisions of this section.
- Meaning this material is generally recognized as safe, and can be used in applications where repeated use in contact with food occurs.
- FAR 25.853 is a standard from the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) used by the aerospace/aviation industry.
- This material is compliant with the requirements of FAR 25.853.
- The Horizontal Bunsen Burner test is used to determine the resistance of cabin and cargo compartment materials to a flame applied for 15-seconds.
- It is most commonly used to show compliance with 14 CFR 25.853(a) or in our case 14 CFR 25.853(a) at Amdt. 25-116; Appendix F, Part I(a)(1)(iv) & (v).
Focused on Partnerships
We support our customers, and prospects throughout the purchase journey. Our team is made up of experienced professionals and highly trained engineers who will help with material selection, sampling, testing, and any application support you might need to accomplish your goals.