NS-100 Medium-Soft Silicone Foam
Liquid Silicone Foam
This medium-soft silicone foam is cast from liquid silicone and is designed to provide long term sealing, cushioning and vibration isolation performance. Most importantly, it offers UL 94 V-0 flame resistance, FDA compliance for repeated use in contact with food and has excellent low stress relaxation properties which helps protect against compression set. It is a direct comparable to Rogers Bisco® HT 870 cellular material.
- Highly adaptable to various applications and environments
- Enhanced sealing capabilities
- Low closure force
- Flame retardant
- Excellent compressibility
- UV/Ozone resistant
- UL 94 V-0
- CFR 177.2600
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 0.032 to 0.500
Roll lengths available (ft) – 20 to 60
Typical roll widths (in) – 19.7 & 36 (for 0.031 to 0.125)
Typical roll widths (in) – 19.7 (for 0.188″ and above)
Surface finishing – Smooth finish, both sides
Cell structure – Closed cell
Color – Grey
-67°F to +392°F (-55°C to 200°C)
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||3-6 (20-40)||ASTM D1056|
|Density||pcf (kg/m3)||22 (350) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||< 5||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||29 (200)||ASTM D412|
|Flammability||–||V-0 rating||UL 94|
More information found on the full specification sheet. Go To Datasheets ➜
UL 94 V-0
- UL 94 V-0 is a safety and flammability standard by Underwriters Laboratories.
- This material is compliant with the UL 94 V-0 test standard for flammability.
- The vertical burn test measures the self-extinguishing time of a vertically oriented polymer specimen. The test evaluates both the burning and afterglow times and dripping of the burning test specimen.
- In order to be rated UL 94 V-0, the burning must stop within 10 seconds, no flame propagation or dripping.
- CFR 177.2600 is a specification from the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Our FDA silicone material is compliant with the requirements of CFR 177.2600.
- The specification covers rubber articles intended for repeated use and may be safely used in producing, manufacturing, packing, processing, preparing, treating, packaging, transporting, or holding food, subject to the provisions of this section.
- Meaning this material is generally recognized as safe, and can be used in applications where repeated use in contact with food occurs.