AMS3195 Silicone Sponge
Closed Cell Silicone Sponge
This low compression set, medium closed cell silicone sponge is the most popular grade for sealing and gasket applications.
It is produced with a fabric finish on both sides, is flexible, can handle extreme temperature environments while offering excellent compression set resistance.
- Excellent for seals and gaskets
- High compressibility
- Low compression set
- UV/Ozone resistant
- FAR 25.853
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 0.0625 to 0.500
Typical roll lengths (ft) – 25 to 100
Typical roll widths (in) – 36
Surface finishing – Fabric impression finish, both sides
Cell structure – Closed cell
Color – Red/orange, grey, black, white, *color matching available
*Subject to MOQ
-103°F to +450°F (-75°C to 232°C)
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||6-14 (41-96)||ASTM D1056|
|Density < 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||43 (690) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Density ≥ 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||34 (550) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||60 max.||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||125 (862)||ASTM D412|
- AMS3195 is an aerospace material specification is from SAE International Group.
- The specification covers silicone rubber sponge in the form of sheet, strip, extrusions, and molded shapes.
- Our medium density silicone sponge sheet is in accordance with the physical property requirements of AMS3195 test standard.
- This product has been used typically for general applications requiring closed-cell, medium sponge rubber that will be flexible from -103 to +401 °F (-75 to +205 °C), but usage is not limited to such applications. Compression set may be high at the higher temperature.
- FAR 25.853 is a standard from the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) used by the aerospace/aviation industry.
- This material is compliant with the requirements of FAR 25.853.
- The Horizontal Bunsen Burner test is used to determine the resistance of cabin and cargo compartment materials to a flame applied for 15-seconds.
- It is most commonly used to show compliance with 14 CFR 25.853(a) or in our case 14 CFR 25.853(a) at Amdt. 25-116; Appendix F, Part I(a)(1)(iv) & (v).
Focused on Partnerships
We support our customers, and prospects throughout the purchase journey. Our team is made up of experienced professionals and highly trained engineers who will help with material selection, sampling, testing, and any application support you might need to accomplish your goals.