AMS3195 Silicone Sponge
Medium Density Closed Cell Silicone Sponge
This low compression set, medium density closed cell silicone sponge is the most popular grade for sealing and gasket applications. It is produced with a fabric finish on both sides, is flexible, can handle extreme temperature environments while offering excellent compression set resistance.
- Excellent for seals and gaskets
- High compressibility
- Low compression set
- UV/Ozone resistant
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 0.0625 to 0.500
Typical roll lengths (ft) – 25 to 100
Typical roll widths (in) – 36
Surface finishing – Fabric impression finish, both sides
Cell structure – Closed cell
Color – Red/orange, grey, black, color matching available
-103°F to +450°F (-75°C to 232°C)
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||6-14 (41-96)||ASTM D1056|
|Density < 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||43 (690) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Density ≥ 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||34 (550) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||60 max.||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||125 (862)||ASTM D412|
More information found on the full specification sheet. Go To Datasheets ➜
- AMS3195 is an aerospace material specification is from SAE International Group.
- The specification covers silicone rubber sponge in the form of sheet, strip, extrusions, and molded shapes.
- Our medium density silicone sponge sheet is in accordance with the physical property requirements of AMS3195 test standard.
- This product has been used typically for general applications requiring closed-cell, medium sponge rubber that will be flexible from -103 to +401 °F (-75 to +205 °C), but usage is not limited to such applications. Compression set may be high at the higher temperature.