Medium Grade Silicone Foam
Closed Cell Automotive Silicone Foam
This medium density automotive purposed silicone foam is approved and listed for GMW16392 Class 2 Type 2 on the international General Motors MATSPC database. Leveraging 10+ years of experience and engineering capability, we developed a silicone foam fully meeting the demanding GMW standard. In areas such as tensile strength and elongation this product far exceeds any minimum requirements or expectations.
- Excellent water impermeability under pressure
- Resistance to long-term environmental conditions
- Extreme high and low temperatures
- Low compression set
- UV/Ozone resistant
- GMW16392 Class 2 Type 2
- Rechargeable Energy Storage Systems (RESS)
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 0.0625 to 0.500
Typical roll lengths (ft) – 25 to 100
Typical roll widths (in) – 36
Surface finishing – Fabric impression finish, both sides
Cell structure – Closed cell
Color – Red/orange
-103°F to +450°F (-75°C to 232°C)
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||6-14 (41-97)||ISO 3386|
|Density||pcf (kg/m3)||28-31 (450-500)||ISO 845|
|Compression set (24h, 100°C)||%||(10) max.||ISO 6916-1|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||24 (165) min.||ISO 1798|
|Elongation||%||50 min.||ISO 1798|
More information found on the full specification sheet. Go To Datasheets ➜
- GMW16392 is an automotive specification from General Motors.
- This specification covers silicone foam materials used for sealing various components within vehicles. These silicone foam materials are recommended for applications where the operating temperature range is -55 °C to +200 °C. Materials can be produced in continuous rolls, sheets, or cast bun blocks.
- Our material is approved and listed for GMW16392 Class 2 Type 2 on the international General Motors MATSPC database.