NS-200 Extra Soft Silicone Foam
Cellular Silicone Foam
This extra soft silicone foam provides longstanding sealing, cushioning and vibration isolation performance. It is a direct comparable to Rogers Bisco® BF-1000 cellular material.
Most importantly, the NS-200 low stress relaxation and superior memory lowers your maintenance costs brought on by gasket failures. It’s high compressibility allows greater conformability to variable gap widths, giving you more options in your design.
- Highly adaptable to various applications and environments
- Exceptional memory
- The softness protects your seals while using less force
- Excellent compressibility and low stress relaxation
- UV/Ozone resistant
- UL 94 (QMFZ2.E357733)
- 21 CFR 177.2600
- FAR 25.853
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 0.0625 to 0.500
Roll lengths available (ft) – *16.4 – 65.6, depending on thickness
Typical roll widths (in) – *18
Surface finishing – Smooth finish, both sides
Cell structure – Open cell
Color – *White, Grey, Black, *Red
*Subject to MOQ
-67°F to +392°F (-55°C to 200°C)
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||3 (20)||ASTM D1056|
|Density||pcf (kg/m3)||17 (270) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||< 5||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||22 (150)||ASTM D412|
|Flammability||–||V-0 & HF-1 rating||UL 94|
Request A Quote
SILICONE FOAM GRADES
- Automotive Grade (Medium Closed Cell Foam)
- NS-100 (Soft Open Cell Foam)
- NS-120 (Medium Closed Cell Foam)
- NS-121 (Medium Closed Cell Foam)
- NS-140 (Firm Closed Cell Foam)
- NS-160 (Extra Firm Closed Cell Foam)
- NS-200 (Extra Soft Open Cell Foam)
- NS-220 (Ultra Soft Open Cell Foam)
UL 94 V-0
- UL 94 V-0 is a safety and flammability standard by Underwriters Laboratories.
- This material is compliant with the UL 94 V-0 test standard for flammability.
- The vertical burn test measures the self-extinguishing time of a vertically oriented polymer specimen. The test evaluates both the burning and afterglow times and dripping of the burning test specimen.
- In order to be rated UL 94 V-0, the burning must stop within 10 seconds, no flame propagation or dripping.
21 CFR 177.2600
- 21 CFR 177.2600 is a specification from the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) used by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- This material is compliant with the requirements of 21 CFR 177.2600.
- The specification covers rubber articles intended for repeated use and may be safely used in producing, manufacturing, packing, processing, preparing, treating, packaging, transporting, or holding food, subject to the provisions of this section.
- Meaning this material is generally recognized as safe, and can be used in applications where repeated use in contact with food occurs.
- FAR 25.853 is a regulation part of the Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), specifically addressing flammability requirements for materials used in the construction of commercial aircraft.
- The regulation mandates that materials used inside the aircraft cabin, such as seat cushions, wall panels, and flooring, must be flame-resistant and able to withstand specific fire tests.
- It includes specific criteria and test methods for assessing the flammability of these materials, ensuring that they do not easily ignite and, if they do, that they burn slowly and self-extinguish.
- Compliance with FAR 25.853 is critical for aircraft certification, focusing on enhancing passenger safety by minimizing the risks associated with in-flight fires.
Focused on Partnerships
We support our customers, and prospects throughout the purchase journey. Our team is made up of experienced professionals and highly trained engineers who will help with material selection, sampling, testing, and any application support you might need to accomplish your goals.