Extra Firm Silicone Sponge
Closed Cell Silicone Sponge Rubber
This extra firm silicone sponge is ideal for demanding sealing and gasket applications.
It is produced with a fabric finish on both sides, is flexible and can handle extreme temperature environments. It also offers excellent compression set resistance and can maintain its resiliency under extended compression.
- Excellent for seals and gaskets
- High compressibility
- Low compression set
- UV/Ozone resistant
- ASTM D1056
- ASTM D412
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 0.0625 to 0.500
Typical roll lengths (ft) – 25 to 100
Typical roll widths (in) – 36
Surface finishing – Fabric impression finish, both sides
Cell structure – Closed cell
Color – Red/orange, grey, black, color matching available
-67°F to +450°F (-55°C to 232°C)
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||18-35 (21-55)||ASTM D1056|
|Density < 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||52 (830) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Density ≥ 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||43 (692) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||60 max.||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||75 (517) typical||ASTM D412|
- ASTM D1056 Standard Specification for Flexible Cellular Materials—Sponge or Expanded Rubber
- This material passes the ASTM D1056 specification for silicone materials.
- This specification covers flexible cellular rubber products known as sponge rubber and expanded rubber, but does not apply to latex foam rubber or ebonite cellular rubber.
- The base material for an open/closed cellular product may be made of synthetic, natural, or reclaimed rubber, or a mixture, and may contain other polymers or chemicals, or both, which may be modified by organic or inorganic additives.
- ASTM D412 is a standard test methods for vulcanized rubber and thermoplastic elastomers—tension
- This material passes the ASTM D412 specification for silicone materials.
- ASTM D412 is the most common standard for determining the tensile properties of vulcanized (thermoset) rubber and thermoplastic elastomers. Compounds in this family are used to create a vast array of consumer goods such as tires, footballs, and rubber bands.
Focused on Partnerships
We support our customers, and prospects throughout the purchase journey. Our team is made up of experienced professionals and highly trained engineers who will help with material selection, sampling, testing, and any application support you might need to accomplish your goals.