UL 94 V-0 Flame Retardant Silicone Sponge
Closed Cell Silicone Sponge
This medium firm closed cell flame retardant silicone sponge passed the vertical burn test, which is more stringent than horizontal test (HB), is seen as a critical safety standard for applications where flame and fire protection is of the highest importance.
It is typically a grey or black color and is rated UL 94 V-0. The material is produced with a fabric impression on both sides, is flexible and offers excellent compression set resistance.
- Flame retardant
- Excellent for seals and gaskets
- High compressibility
- Low compression set
- UV/Ozone resistant
- UL 94 V-0
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 0.0625 to 0.500
Typical roll lengths (ft) – 25 to 100
Typical roll widths (in) – 36
Surface finishing – Fabric impression finish, both sides
Cell structure – Closed cell
Color – Grey, black, color matching available
-103°F to +450°F (-75°C to 232°C)
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||6-14 (41-96)||ASTM D1056|
|Density < 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||43 (690) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Density ≥ 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||34 (550) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||60 max.||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||100 (690)||ASTM D412|
|Flammability||–||V-0 rating||UL 94|
UL 94 V-0
- UL 94 V-0 is a safety and flammability standard by Underwriters Laboratories.
- This material is compliant with the UL 94 V-0 test standard for flammability.
- The vertical burn test measures the self-extinguishing time of a vertically oriented polymer specimen. The test evaluates both the burning and afterglow times and dripping of the burning test specimen.
- In order to be rated UL 94 V-0, the burning must stop within 10 seconds, no flame propagation or dripping.
- AMS3195 is an aerospace material specification is from SAE International Group.
- The specification covers silicone rubber sponge in the form of sheet, strip, extrusions, and molded shapes.
- Our medium density silicone sponge sheet is in accordance with the physical property requirements of AMS3195 test standard.
- This product has been used typically for general applications requiring closed-cell, medium sponge rubber that will be flexible from -103 to +401 °F (-75 to +205 °C), but usage is not limited to such applications. Compression set may be high at the higher temperature.
Focused on Partnerships
We support our customers, and prospects throughout the purchase journey. Our team is made up of experienced professionals and highly trained engineers who will help with material selection, sampling, testing, and any application support you might need to accomplish your goals.