Firm Density Silicone Sponge
AMS3196 Closed Cell Silicone Sponge Rubber
This firm density silicone sponge is ideal for demanding sealing and gasket applications. It is produced with a fabric finish on both sides, is flexible and can handle extreme temperature environments. It also offers excellent compression set resistance and can maintain its resiliency under extended compression.
- Excellent for seals and gaskets
- High compressibility
- Low compression set
- UV/Ozone resistant
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 0.0625 to 0.500
Typical roll lengths (ft) – 25 to 100
Typical roll widths (in) – 36
Surface finishing – Fabric impression finish, both sides
Cell structure – Closed cell
Color – Red/orange, grey, black, color matching available
-103°F to +450°F (-75°C to 232°C)
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||12-20 (83-138)||ASTM D1056|
|Density < 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||52 (830) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Density ≥ 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||43 (692) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||60 max.||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||100 (689) typical.||ASTM D412|
More information found on the full specification sheet. Go To Datasheets ➜
- AMS3196 is an aerospace material specification is from SAE International Group.
- The specification covers silicone rubber sponge in the form of sheet, strip, extrusions, and molded shapes.
- Our firm density silicone sponge sheet is in accordance with the physical property requirements of AMS3196 test standard.
- This product has been used typically for general applications requiring closed-cell, firm sponge rubber that will be flexible from -75 to +205 °C (-103 to +401 °F), but usage is not limited to such applications. Compression set may be high at the higher temperature.