Medium Density Silicone Sponge
UL 94 HB Closed Cell Silicone Sponge Rubber
This medium density, closed cell flame retardant silicone sponge is a blue/grey color and is rated UL 94 HB (more info below). It is ideal for sealing and gasket applications where flame resistance and fire safety are a top priority. The material is produced with a fabric impression on both sides, is flexible and offers excellent compression set resistance.
- This medium density, fire retardant, silicone sponge is in accordance with the physical property requirements of AMS3195 test standard.
- The specification covers sheets, rolls, strips, extrusions and molded shapes. Typically used for general purpose applications and remains flexible at -103oF -75oC and +401oF +205oC.
UL 94 HB
- This material is compliant with the UL 94 HB test standard for flammability.
- The horizontal burn test measures how quickly a horizontally oriented polymer specimen burns across when a flame is applied to one end of the sample.
- In order to be rated UL 94 HB, having a thickness between 3 and 13mm will not have a burning rate exceeding 40mm per minute. For material with thickness less than 3mm the burning rate should not exceed 75mm per minute. The material will also be rated as HB if it ceases to burn before the 100mm mark independent of thickness.
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 1/16 to 1/2
Typical roll lengths (ft) – 25 to 100
Typical roll widths (in) – 36
Surface finishing – Fabric impression finish, both sides
Cell structure – Closed cell
Color – Blue/grey, others available
1/16 Inch (1.6 mm) – 0.05″ (1.30 mm) min / 0.07″ (1.90 mm) max
3/32 Inch (2.4 mm) – 0.08″ (2.10 mm) min / 0.10″ (2.70 mm) max
1/8 Inch (3.2 mm) – 0.11″ (2.80 mm) min / 0.14″ (3.60 mm) max
3/16 Inch (4.8 mm) – 0.17″ (4.40 mm) min / 0.20″ (5.20 mm) max
1/4 Inch (6.4 mm) – 0.23″ (6.00 mm) min / 0.26″ (6.80 mm) max
3/8 Inch (9.5 mm) – 0.35″ (9.00 mm) min / 0.39″ (10.00 mm) max
1/2 Inch (12.7 mm) – 0.47″ (12.20 mm) min / 0.52″ (13.20 mm) max
* Tolerances are typical values obtained from sample testing
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||6-14 (41-96)||ASTM D1056|
|Density < 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||43 (690) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Density ≥ 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||34 (550) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||5||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||125 (862)||ASTM D412|
|Flammability||–||HB rating||UL 94|