UL 94 HB Flame Retardant Silicone Sponge
Closed Cell Silicone Sponge
This medium closed cell flame retardant silicone sponge is ideal for sealing and gasket applications where flame resistance and fire safety are a top priority.
It is rated UL 94 HB and is a blue/grey color. It The material is produced with a fabric impression on both sides, is flexible and offers excellent compression set resistance.
- Blue/grey color
- Flame retardant
- Excellent for seals and gaskets
- High compressibility
- Low compression set
- UV/Ozone resistant
- UL 94 HB
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 0.0625 to 0.500
Typical roll lengths (ft) – 25 to 100
Typical roll widths (in) – 36
Surface finishing – Fabric impression finish, both sides
Cell structure – Closed cell
Color – Blue/grey
-103°F to +450°F (-75°C to 232°C)
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||6-14 (41-96)||ASTM D1056|
|Density < 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||43 (690) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Density ≥ 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||34 (550) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||60% max.||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||125 (862)||ASTM D412|
|Flammability||–||HB rating||UL 94|
UL 94 HB
- UL 94 HB is a is a safety and flammability standard by Underwriters Laboratories.
- This material is compliant with the UL 94 HB test standard for flammability.
- The horizontal burn test measures how quickly a horizontally oriented polymer specimen burns across when a flame is applied to one end of the sample.
- In order for a material to be classified UL 94 HB, it must not have a burning exceeding 40 mm per minute over a 75 mm span for specimens having a thickness of 3.0 mm to 13 mm. For material with thickness less than 3mm the burning rate should not exceed 75mm per minute over a 75mm span. The material will also be rated as HB if it ceases to burn before the 100mm mark independent of thickness.
Focused on Partnerships
We support our customers, and prospects throughout the purchase journey. Our team is made up of experienced professionals and highly trained engineers who will help with material selection, sampling, testing, and any application support you might need to accomplish your goals.