Medium Flame Retardant Silicone Sponge
UL 94 HB Closed Cell Silicone Sponge Rubber
This medium density, closed cell flame retardant silicone sponge is a blue/grey color and is rated UL 94 HB. It is ideal for sealing and gasket applications where flame resistance and fire safety are a top priority. The material is produced with a fabric impression on both sides, is flexible and offers excellent compression set resistance.
- Blue/grey color
- Flame retardant
- Excellent for seals and gaskets
- High compressibility
- Low compression set
- UV/Ozone resistant
- UL 94 HB
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 0.0625 to 0.500
Typical roll lengths (ft) – 25 to 100
Typical roll widths (in) – 36
Surface finishing – Fabric impression finish, both sides
Cell structure – Closed cell
Color – Blue/grey, others available
-103°F to +450°F (-75°C to 232°C)
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||6-14 (41-96)||ASTM D1056|
|Density < 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||43 (690) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Density ≥ 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||34 (550) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||60% max.||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||125 (862)||ASTM D412|
|Flammability||–||HB rating||UL 94|
More information found on the full specification sheet. Go To Datasheets ➜
UL 94 HB
- UL 94 HB is a is a safety and flammability standard by Underwriters Laboratories.
- This material is compliant with the UL 94 HB test standard for flammability.
- The horizontal burn test measures how quickly a horizontally oriented polymer specimen burns across when a flame is applied to one end of the sample.
- In order for a material to be classified UL 94 HB, it must not have a burning exceeding 40 mm per minute over a 75 mm span for specimens having a thickness of 3.0 mm to 13 mm. For material with thickness less than 3mm the burning rate should not exceed 75mm per minute over a 75mm span. The material will also be rated as HB if it ceases to burn before the 100mm mark independent of thickness.