Ns-120 Medium Grade foam
This medium-firmness silicone foam is cast from liquid silicone giving it a very unique and adaptable set of proprieties. From shock reduction to vibration isolation to enhanced sealing capabilities, this performance foam offers UL 94 V-0 flame resistance, FDA compliance for repeated use in contact with food and has excellent aging proprieties. It is an ideal choice for applications ranging from transportation to electronics to enclosure sealing. It is a direct comparable to Rogers Bisco® HT 800 cellular material.
UL 94 V-0
- This material passes the UL 94 V-0 test standard for flammability.
- The vertical burn test measures the self-extinguishing time of a vertically oriented polymer specimen.
- The test evaluates both the burning and afterglow times and dripping of the burning test specimen.
- In order to be rated UL 94 V-0, the burning must stop within 10 seconds, no flame propagation, and no dipping.
FDA REGULATION 21 cfr 177.2600
- This material passes the requirements of FDA regulation 21 CFR 177.2600 that covers indirect food additives. Meaning it is generally recognized as a safe material and is intended for repeated use in contact with food.
AStm d1056 2D2
- This material fully passes the ASTM D1056 2D2 standard specification for flexible cellular materials.
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 1/32 to 1/2
Roll lengths available (ft) – 20 to 60
Typical roll widths (in) – 36 (for 1/32″ to 1/8″)
Typical roll widths (in) – 19.7 (for 3/16″ and above)
Surface finishing – Smooth finish, both sides
Cell structure – Closed cell
Color – Black, grey, red
1/32 Inch (0.79mm): +0.015/-0.004 (+0.381/-0.102)
1/16 Inch (1.6 mm): ±0.02 (±0.508)
3/32 Inch (2.39 mm): ±0.02 (±0.508)
1/8 Inch (3.18 mm): ±0.025 (±0.635)
3/16 Inch (4.78 mm): ±0.025 (±0.635)
1/4 Inch (6.35 mm): ±0.03 (±0.762)
3/8 Inch (9.53 mm): ±0.045 (±1.143)
1/2 Inch (12.7 mm): ±0.05 (±1.270)
* Tolerances are typical values obtained from sample testing
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||8 (55) typical||ASTM D1056|
|Density||pcf (kg/m3)||23 (370) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||< 1||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||32 (220)||ASTM D412|
|Flammability||–||V-0 rating||UL 94|