NS-120 Medium Grade Foam
Closed Cell Silicone Foam
This medium-firmness silicone foam is cast from liquid silicone with smooth skin and closed cells giving it a very unique and adaptable set of proprieties. From shock reduction to vibration isolation to enhanced sealing capabilities, this performance foam offers UL 94 V-0 flame resistance, FDA compliance for repeated use in contact with food and has excellent aging proprieties. It is an ideal choice for applications ranging from transportation to electronics to enclosure sealing. It is a direct comparable to Rogers Bisco® HT 800 cellular material.
- UL 94 V-0 smoke and flame rated foam
- FDA 21 CFR-177.2600 rubber articles intended for repeated use
- UV resistant ozone resistant extreme temperature and flame resistant
- Low compression set
- Low temperature flexibility
- Low density
UL 94 V-0
- This material is FDA compliant with the UL 94 V-0 test standard for flammability.
- The vertical burn test measures the self-extinguishing time of a vertically oriented polymer specimen.
- The test evaluates both the burning and afterglow times and dripping of the burning test specimen.
- In order to be rated UL 94 V-0, the burning must stop within 10 seconds, no flame propagation or dripping.
FDA REGULATION 21 CFR 177.2600
- This material is compliant with the requirements of FDA regulation 21 CFR 177.2600 that covers indirect food additives. Meaning it is generally recognized as a safe material and is intended for repeated use in contact with food.
ASTM D1056 2D2
- This material fully passes the ASTM D1056 2D2 standard specification for flexible cellular materials.
- This medium density foam is in accordance with the physical property requirements of AMS3195 test standard.
- The specification covers sheets, rolls, strips, extrusions and molded shapes. Typically used for general purpose applications and remains flexible at -103oF -75oC and +401oF +205oC.
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 1/32 to 1/2
Roll lengths available (ft) – 20 to 60
Typical roll widths (in) – 19.7 & 36 (for 1/32″ to 1/8″)
Typical roll widths (in) – 19.7 (for 3/16″ and above)
Surface finishing – Smooth finish, both sides
Cell structure – Closed cell
Color – Grey and black
1/32 Inch (0.79mm): +0.015/-0.004 (+0.381/-0.102)
1/16 Inch (1.6 mm): ±0.02 (±0.508)
3/32 Inch (2.39 mm): ±0.02 (±0.508)
1/8 Inch (3.18 mm): ±0.025 (±0.635)
3/16 Inch (4.78 mm): ±0.025 (±0.635)
1/4 Inch (6.35 mm): ±0.03 (±0.762)
3/8 Inch (9.53 mm): ±0.045 (±1.143)
1/2 Inch (12.7 mm): ±0.05 (±1.270)
* Tolerances are typical values obtained from sample testing
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||8 (55) typical||ASTM D1056|
|Density||pcf (kg/m3)||23 (370) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||< 1||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||32 (220)||ASTM D412|
|Flammability||–||V-0 rating||UL 94|