NS-120 Medium-Firm Silicone Foam (HT-800 Foam Replacement)
Liquid Silicone Foam
This medium-firm silicone foam is cast from liquid silicone with smooth skin and closed cells giving it a very unique and adaptable set of proprieties. From shock reduction to vibration isolation to enhanced sealing capabilities, this performance foam offers UL 94 V-0 flame resistance, FDA compliance for repeated use in contact with food and has excellent aging proprieties. It is an ideal choice for applications ranging from transportation to electronics to enclosure sealing. It is a direct comparable to Rogers Bisco® HT 800 foam material.
- Enhanced sealing capabilities
- Firm and durable
- FDA compliant
- Flame retardant
- UV/Ozone resistant
- Excellent memory
- Low density
- Low stress relaxation
- UL 94 V-0
- CFR 177.2600
- ASTM D1056 2D2
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 0.032 to 0.500
Roll lengths available (ft) – 20 to 60
Typical roll widths (in) – 19.7 & 36 (for 0.031 to 0.125)
Typical roll widths (in) – 19.7 (for 0.188″ and above)
Surface finishing – Smooth finish, both sides
Cell structure – Closed cell
Color – Grey and black
-67°F to +392°F (-55°C to 200°C)
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||6-14 (41-96)||ASTM D1056|
|Density||pcf (kg/m3)||23 (370)||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||< 1||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||32 (220)||ASTM D412|
|Flammability||–||V-0 rating||UL 94|
More information found on the full specification sheet. Go To Datasheets ➜
UL 94 V-0
- UL 94 V-0 is a safety and flammability standard by Underwriters Laboratories.
- This material is compliant with the UL 94 V-0 test standard for flammability.
- The vertical burn test measures the self-extinguishing time of a vertically oriented polymer specimen. The test evaluates both the burning and afterglow times and dripping of the burning test specimen.
- In order to be rated UL 94 V-0, the burning must stop within 10 seconds, no flame propagation or dripping.
- CFR 177.2600 is a specification from the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Our FDA silicone material is compliant with the requirements of CFR 177.2600.
- The specification covers rubber articles intended for repeated use and may be safely used in producing, manufacturing, packing, processing, preparing, treating, packaging, transporting, or holding food, subject to the provisions of this section.
- Meaning this material is generally recognized as safe, and can be used in applications where repeated use in contact with food occurs.
- ASTM D1056 is a specification for flexible cellular materials (sponge or expanded rubber) from the American Society for Testing and Materials.
- This material fully passes the ASTM D1056 2D2 specification for flexible cellular materials.
- The specification covers flexible cellular rubber products known as sponge rubber and expanded rubber, but does not apply to latex foam rubber or ebonite cellular rubber.
- Type 2 – Closed-cell rubber.
- Class D – Cellular rubber made from synthetic rubber can meet extreme temperature resistance −103 to 347°F (−75 to 175°C).
- Grade 2 – For Types 1 and 2 cellular rubber, has a compression deflection range from 5 to 9 psi (34.5 to 62.1 kPa).
- AMS3195 is an aerospace material specification from SAE International Group.
- The specification covers silicone rubber sponge in the form of sheet, strip, extrusions, and molded shapes.
- Our medium density silicone sponge sheet is in accordance with the physical property requirements of AMS3195 test standard.
- This product has been used typically for general applications requiring closed-cell, medium sponge rubber that will be flexible from -103 to +401 °F (-75 to +205 °C), but usage is not limited to such applications. Compression set may be high at the higher temperature.