NS-160 Extra-Firm Silicone Foam
Liquid Silicone Foam
This extra-firm silicone foam is designed to provide exceptional sealing capabilities and is extremely durable when tested in the most intense weather conditions. It is a direct comparable to Rogers Bisco® HT 840 cellular foam material.
Most importantly, it offers UL 94 V-0 flame resistance, FDA compliance for repeated use in contact with food, offers a higher tear and tensile strength, and works great in all weather conditions.
- Highly adaptable to various applications and environments
- Enhanced sealing capabilities
- Low closure force
- Flame retardant
- Excellent compressibility
- UV/Ozone resistant
- UL 94 V-0
- CFR 177.2600
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 0.0625 to 0.500
Roll lengths available (ft) – 16.4 – 65.6, depending on thickness
Typical roll widths (in) – 34 (for 0.0625 to 0.03125)
Typical roll widths (in) – 18 (for 0.125″ to 0.500)
Surface finishing – Smooth finish, both sides
Cell structure – Closed cell
Color – Grey, Black, *White, *Red
*Subject to MOQ
-67°F to +392°F (-55°C to 200°C)
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||29 (200)||ASTM D1056|
|Density||pcf (kg/m3)||34 (550) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||< 1||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||87 (600)||ASTM D412|
|Flammability||–||V-0 rating||UL 94|
Request A Quote
SILICONE FOAM GRADES
- Automotive Grade (Medium Closed Cell Foam)
- NS-100 (Medium-Soft LSR Foam)
- NS-120 (Medium-Firm LSR Foam)
- NS-140 (Firm LSR Foam)
- NS-160 (Extra-Firm LSR Foam)
- NS-200 (Extra-Soft LSR Foam)
- NS-220 (Ultra-Soft LSR Foam)
UL 94 V-0
FDA 21 CFR Section 177.2600
UL 94 V-0
- UL 94 V-0 is a safety and flammability standard by Underwriters Laboratories.
- This material is compliant with the UL 94 V-0 test standard for flammability.
- The vertical burn test measures the self-extinguishing time of a vertically oriented polymer specimen. The test evaluates both the burning and afterglow times and dripping of the burning test specimen.
- In order to be rated UL 94 V-0, the burning must stop within 10 seconds, no flame propagation or dripping.
- CFR 177.2600 is a specification from the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Our FDA silicone material is compliant with the requirements of CFR 177.2600.
- The specification covers rubber articles intended for repeated use and may be safely used in producing, manufacturing, packing, processing, preparing, treating, packaging, transporting, or holding food, subject to the provisions of this section.
- Meaning this material is generally recognized as safe, and can be used in applications where repeated use in contact with food occurs.
Focused on Partnerships
We support our customers, and prospects throughout the purchase journey. Our team is made up of experienced professionals and highly trained engineers who will help with material selection, sampling, testing, and any application support you might need to accomplish your goals.