Medium Flame Retardant Silicone Sponge
UL 94 V-0 Closed Cell Silicone Sponge Rubber
This medium firm closed cell flame retardant silicone sponge is typically a grey or black color and is rated UL 94 V-0. Passing the vertical burn test, which is more stringent than horizontal test (HB), is seen as a critical safety standard for applications where flame and fire protection is of the highest importance. The material is produced with a fabric impression on both sides, is flexible and offers excellent compression set resistance.
- Flame retardant
- Excellent for seals and gaskets
- High compressibility
- Low compression set
- UV/Ozone resistant
- UL 94 V-0
Available in – Continuous rolls or cut sheets
Thickness available (in) – 0.0625 to 0.500
Typical roll lengths (ft) – 25 to 100
Typical roll widths (in) – 36
Surface finishing – Fabric impression finish, both sides
Cell structure – Closed cell
Color – Grey, black, color matching available
-103°F to +450°F (-75°C to 232°C)
|Compression deflection (25%)||psi (kPa)||6-14 (41-96)||ASTM D1056|
|Density < 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||43 (690) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Density ≥ 0.25” thick||pcf (kg/m3)||34 (550) max.||ASTM D1056|
|Compression set (22h, 100°C)||%||60 max.||ASTM D1056|
|Tensile strength||psi (kPa)||100 (690)||ASTM D412|
|Flammability||–||V-0 rating||UL 94|
More information found on the full specification sheet. Go To Datasheets ➜
UL 94 V-0
- UL 94 V-0 is a safety and flammability standard by Underwriters Laboratories.
- This material is compliant with the UL 94 V-0 test standard for flammability.
- The vertical burn test measures the self-extinguishing time of a vertically oriented polymer specimen. The test evaluates both the burning and afterglow times and dripping of the burning test specimen.
- In order to be rated UL 94 V-0, the burning must stop within 10 seconds, no flame propagation or dripping.
- AMS3195 is an aerospace material specification is from SAE International Group.
- The specification covers silicone rubber sponge in the form of sheet, strip, extrusions, and molded shapes.
- Our medium density silicone sponge sheet is in accordance with the physical property requirements of AMS3195 test standard.
- This product has been used typically for general applications requiring closed-cell, medium sponge rubber that will be flexible from -103 to +401 °F (-75 to +205 °C), but usage is not limited to such applications. Compression set may be high at the higher temperature.